- Advices management on the Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act, Procurement Act, and any other financial regulations approved by the Government;
- Ensures the maintenance of proper books of accounts,
- Directs and controls financial management in line with public sector accounting principles;
- Contributes to the safe guarding of assets;
- Manages a corporate investment portfolio to achieve maximum returns;
- Maintains credit control with a view to reducing cash exposure;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.