STEPS FOR OBTAINING A DEVELOPMENT AND BUILDING PERMIT
STEP1 (PURCHASE OF FORMS): Buy your development and building permit application form from the Finance Department of the Assembly.
- Evidence of the land ownership
- Building permit application form
- 4 copies of the building drawings
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (For multi-purpose and multi-usage)
- Traffic impact assessment report fir commercial buildings
- 4 copies of structural drawings
- Soil test report
- Ghana National Fire Service report
- Environmental Protection Agency report
- Structural integrity report in case development has already commenced or is completed
- Up to date business registration and operating permit (For organizations)
- Property rate payment receipt (For existing buildings)
- Endorsement of plans by the appropriate professional
STEP3 (COMPLETION OF FORMS): Complete the application form in full with the required information. Add the above listed in step 2.
STEP4 (PAYMENT & SUBISSION): Pay processing fees and submit completed form with all required attachments to the Physical Planning Department of the Assembly. On Submission you shall be informed about the following:
- Corrections to be made (if any)
- Date for site inspection
STEP5 (PROCESSING): The secretariat will process the application within two weeks of the receipt of application for the Technical SubCommittee’s assessment and recommendation.
- The Technical sub-committee’s recommendation on the application is forwarded to the Spatial Planning Committee within a month of receipt of application for final decision.
- The final decision of the Spatial Planning Committee is communicated to the applicant in writing/telephone communication within 2 working days.
STEP6 (COLLECTION): On approval, pay the approved permit fee and penalty fee (if any) as indicated in your approval letter to finance department and collect your development and building permits from the Works’ Department of the Assembly.
In the case of deferral, the applicant will be notified and advised on what needs to be done for further consideration.
In case of refusal, the application will be notified of the reason(s) for the refusal